eCommerce SEO Services
Whether you have an established eCommerce store or you are someone just starting out with a new online venture, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an extremely important and cost effective marketing strategy that cannot be ignored.
Because when managed correctly, SEO will find buyer intent customers and drive them to your store without the high costs associated with paid search ads.
eCommerce SEO Explained
From the moment you launch your eCommerce store, you need to consider an organic strategy that will drive your business forward, a well planned approach will involve the following considerations;
- Has keyword research been undertaken and have keywords been grouped and mapped to the correct categories and pages?
- Are your core pages optimised for the correct terms?
- Are your target keywords realistic (competition and volume)?
- Who are your real competitors, not just the ones you think, the ones that are winning your business?
- What are their top performing keywords, the terms that are driving traffic to their category and product pages?
- What types of content are they creating, is it informational, navigational or transactional content?
- How strong is their backlink profile, do they seem to be actively building high quality and relevant links?
- Can the search engines easily crawl your site or are some pages being blocked?
- How well does your site score in Core Web Vitals, relating to page load speed, site stability and image compression?
- Does your website adhere to 'mobile first' indexing, does it pass the mobile-friendly test?
User Experience (UX)
- Can visitors easily navigate your website, find what they need and make a purchase?
- Is your checkout process a simple and straightforward experience?
- Are you using high quality product images so your customers get a real feel for what they want to buy?
Interested in my eCommerce SEO Services for Your Store?
“You can’t wait for customers to come to you. You have to figure out where they are, go there and bring them back to your store”
Popular eCommerce Platforms
Shopify is a hosted solution so you don't require separate hosting and it works via a monthly subscription. It is estimated that over 3.6 million stores are hosted on the Shopify platform.
BigCommerce is also a hosted solution on a monthly subscription basis, it offers advance marketing solutions, trusted partner integrations and a range of excellent store management tools.
Magento is an open-source eCommerce software with built-in SEO features, however, it does require dedicated hosting. it is free to use, but costs are incurred once your store reaches a certain size and turnover.
WooCommerce is a free plug-in which is used as a functional extension to the WordPress CMS. WooCommerce operates over 37% of online stores and has been downloaded over 13 million times.
“For you to achieve your goals, visitors must first achieve theirs”
My eCommerce SEO Services
Define Your SEO Goals & Targets
In order for me to be able to set realistic performance indicators (goals and targets), I will need to understand your business, products services and your target audience. We can discuss what success means to you which will help me create an SEO strategy and blueprint of work.
In-Depth eCommerce SEO Audit
With my knowledge, experience and a select number of industry leading tools, I will undertake a detailed SEO audit of your eCommerce store. The audit will take in all aspects of eCommerce SEO, including technical, keyword content gap analysis, competitor analysis, backlink analysis and an on-page SEO audit.
Research the Best Keywords
My keyword research approach is thorough and will consider current keywords that your store is ranking for, particularly those that are on page 2 and 3 as these are huge opportunities. Secondly, following the keyword gap analysis (in the audit), I will have a number of terms that can be introduced to the strategy. Finally, I will research questions that are being asked online that relate to your niche. Answering these questions in blog posts or supporting content will give your website more authority.
Implement an SEO Strategy
Once I have undertaken a detailed audit and have conducted keyword research, I will be able to develop an SEO strategy. My implementation plan will focus on the main categories, sub-categories and product pages ensuring that they all target specific and unique keyword terms ensuring there are no duplications or overlap (also known as keyword cannibalisation) Technical adjustments will be made in liaison with your web developer and additional content will be created either using your internal copywriter or a 3rd-party resource recommended by myself.
Measure & Report
Using Google Analytics, Google Search Console and a couple of other industry tools, I will measure and report the key metrics that we agree upon prior to the SEO campaign, these will include (but are not restricted to), organic revenue and transactions, conversion rate, keyword rankings, click through rate, core web vitals and return on investment.
Uncover New Opportunities
SEO has a habit of producing new opportunities, this could be from a keyword, content, target market or product perspective. The key is to act upon these openings, and this may include, creating new content or a whole category or page. My monthly report will highlight any new opportunities that I believe are worthy of discussing.
Is SEO Right for Your eCommerce Store?